Tuesday 1 January 2013

Nars Deep Throat Blush






Before I start I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope you all had a lovely holiday period and have a wonderful 2013!

New Year's wishes aside, today's post concerns my favourite Nars blush, Deep Throat. Nars is known for the provocative names, with Orgasm being one of their most famous. I am a huge fan of Nars as a brand and their blushes are no exception. They have a good colour range and I find Deep Throat to be a lovely choice for the daytime. 

Deep Throat is a beautiful peachy, pink with gold shimmer running through it. While it certainly isn't a matte finish and it does have shimmer, however, the effect is subtle. It leaves you with a nice glow, rather than glittery like a disco ball. It is sheer enough to be suitable for everyday. As it is sheer and a light pink shade, it is suitable for pale complexions. Nars blushes can be built up so a medium skin tone could also wear it. 

I quite like the packaging of the Nars blushes, however, I can understand why some people are not huge fans of it. It does seem to attract quite easily, meaning that sleek rubberised black casing quickly becomes filthy. I talk more about my thoughts on the Nars packaging in my review of one of their eyeshadow duos (post here). 

I would definitely recommend the Nars blush in Deep Throat. I think it is a beautiful colour, that would make a lovely everyday colour for most people. Nars blushes aren't the cheapest and I think Deep Throat is a good colour to consider if you are looking to buy your first Nars blush. Nars blushes retail for around €29 (available here).

6 comments:

  1. I love this blush! I have to add it to my collection. You should try out Outlaw. Its a darker pink/red but reminds me of this color.

    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely have a look at Outlaw next time I'm at a Nars counter.
      Niamh x

      Delete
  2. i've heard so many great things about this blush. I just wish Nars wasn't so expensive is Australia.
    Happy new year!!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when companies make things so much more expensive in different countries. Happy New Year to you too!
      Niamh x

      Delete
  3. I love this colour. It is expensive but I feel I need to add this to my makeup this year. And I will try and look after the packaging because I know how easy it can get messed up. Great post!

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The packaging really does get messy quickly, which is shame because it looks so lovely when its brand new.
      Niamh x

      Delete