Wednesday 2 January 2013

MAC Angel Lipstick





























Angel was my first lipstick from MAC and has remained my most used, despite having acquired several more. Angel is described on the MAC website as a 'soft pink', which I think is an accurate description. As you can see from the photos, it looks a little bit darker in the bullet than how it applies.

I love the formula of MAC lipsticks in general, Angel is no exception. They smell lovely, a kind of vanilla fragrance that isn't overpowering or artificial smelling. Angel isn't drying on the lips, which is a major plus. The formula is creamy on the lips and it has reasonable staying power.

I think Angel makes a lovely everyday colour. I tend to choose soft pinks on my lips instead of more nude shades for everyday. Angel is a such a beautiful soft pink, it's understated enough on the lips to be  worn in the day time, even by more apprehensive wearers.

MAC lipsticks are available MAC counters in Brown Thomas or BT2 in Ireland. House of Fraser also deliver MAC products in Ireland (link here). The lipsticks retail for around €17.50. Obviously it's not the cheapest lipstick, however, I personally think it is worth it. Drugstore/high-street  brands such as Revlon tend to be quite expensive here anyway so you end up only paying a few euro more for a high-end lipstick. MAC lipsticks are also cheaper than more high-end ones such as offerings from YSL etc. I personally prefer the quality of MAC lipsticks as well.

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?

2 comments: