Friday 4 January 2013

Nail of the Day: Essie Mint Candy Apple and Fiji




























Today's Nail of the Day post features two recent Essie purchases, Mint Candy Apple and Fiji. Both polishes are beautiful pastel shades, probably considered more 'spring-appropriate' but I often tend to sport colours on my nails that don't correspond with the time of year. What can I say I live life on the edge!


































Mint Candy Apple is a gorgeous minty-green colour as the name would suggest. I only needed two coats to achieve a nice opaque finish. It dries to a nice glossy finish. Not the glossiest finish I own but a coat of a good topcoat would change that.

Fiji isn't a colour I would normally go for. I tend to like colour on my nails and shy away from neutral colours. Fiji is a very pale, milky pink. I don't think it will become one of my most worn shades, however, I do think it is a nice addition to my collection. I think it looks quite understated and polished on the nails and will definitely be making appearances when a certain look is required. I needed to apply 3 coats to get a good opaque colour. It dries to the same finish as Mint Candy Apple.

























Both polishes are from the Essie diffusion line found in Boots. They come with a wider brush, which I definitely prefer as it makes application so much quicker and easier.

 Have you tried either of these polishes? What are your favourite Essie polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment