Sunday 13 January 2013

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm





























Hair treatments are an essential part of trying to keep your hair in tip-top condition. I have dry hair, which is regularly subject to heated stylers, meaning I like to pay particular attention to its condition to ensure that it doesn't turn into straw. This is where the Intense Rescue Melting Balm by Charles Worthington steps in.

The Intense Rescue Melting Balm is a pre-shampoo treatment, that you leave on for about 20 minutes. As the name would suggest, it has a solid oil formula which melts with the heat from your hands. You simply scoop out a little bit, melt it between your fingers and then apply it to your hair, concentrating it on the ends. Once you have left it in your hair the recommended time, simply wash it out with shampoo and follow up with conditioner.

I really like this product. My hair feels lovely after I use it. My main issue is that I seem to take forever when applying it. As the balm has to melt in your hands, I find you have to use a little bit at a time. I have quite a lot of hair meaning this can be a fairly time consuming process, especially when compared to traditional hair masks which take seconds to slap on in the shower. Maybe I'm not using the best method to apply it or something like that. Saying that I don't find this to be that major of an issue. I tend to wash my hair in the evening anyway and just watch some telly while applying it.

It's not the cheapest hair treatment on the market. I can't remember what the price was in euro but it seems to be about £16.99. I bought mine from Boots when it has just come out so it was on an introductory offer. I think it's a really nice treatment and it makes a nice change from the traditional hair masks that are applied like conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment