Sunday 30 December 2012

Nars Alhambra Eyeshadow Duo




My everyday eye normally consists of a champagne coloured eyeshadow across the lid, a light matte brown in the crease and some eye liner on the lash line if I have the time. While it may be fairly simple, I think it is quite subtle and perfect for when you're in a hurry and still want to look put together. I own plenty of shimmery champagne shades, but today I am sharing my favourite, the Nars Alhambra eyeshadow duo (available here).

The Alhambra duo comes in the typical Nars packaging. The eyeshadow duos have identical packaging to the Nars blushes, which can be a little confusing so it is best to store them separately. In terms of the pros and cons of the packaging, it is the same as all of the Nars packaging. Ascetically pleasing, not overly bulky, decent sized mirror. The major issue is always that the rubberised finish has a tendency to attract any dirt that may be lurking in your makeup bag. Given that, I am still rather found of the Nars packaging.

The Alhambra eyeshadow duo comes with a pinky champagne shade (left) and a golden shade (right). As I am quite pale, a lot of champagne shades had a tendency to appear quite orange on my skin, All That Glitters by MAC is one such shade. However, the pinker shade in this duo produces a lovely champagne shade on my skin. It is a colour I find myself reaching for most mornings when applying my makeup. The golden shade is also stunning, swatching as a true gold. While the gold does not get worn as much as the pinker colour, it is still a beautiful colour that I enjoy wearing.

In terms of the eyeshadow itself, I find the texture to be beautiful. I am a massive fan of Nars eyeshadows in general, with this duo being no exception. The shadows are wonderfully smooth and buttery, blending with ease on the lid.

Nars eyeshadow duos are not the cheapest eyeshadows on the market, retailing for around the €30 mark. However, I think this eyeshadow duo is definitely worth it. It is easily my most worn eyeshadows and the quality is supreme. I think if you are a fan of neutral and champagne shades, it is definitely worth a look.

Have you tried any Nars eyeshadows before? Do you have any other neutral eyeshadow recommendations?


2 comments:

  1. I must have over looked this duo! Its lovely. I'll have to check it out!
    New followr :)
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend having a look at it. Thank you :) x

      Delete