Saturday 29 December 2012

Origins Mega-Mushroom Face Cream

I have normal/dry skin so having a decent moisturiser is an essential for me. Today I thought I would talk about my current moisturiser, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Smoothing Face Cream. Further information is available from the Origins website.

After running out of the Kiehl's moisturiser I had been using, I decided to try something different. I had first heard of this product as Tanya Burr used to often mention it. As already mentioned, I have normal/dry skin so I needed a product that would prevent my skin for drying out, particularly important during winter. My other skin concern tends to be redness, especially on my cheeks, so I was pleased to discover that the Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Mushroom range is targeted specifically for redness and sensitivity.

In terms of texture, the cream is quite light and doesn't overload the skin. I'm not sure how a very oily skin type would cope with the cream, though I think a combination skin type would get on well with it.  Also as the cream is not too heavy or greasy, I have had no problem applied makeup over it, though I primarily use it in the evening. 
It does have a scent, which I do not find particularly pleasant. However, I don't like mushrooms in general and the scent does not linger on the skin once applied. I can't imagine the scent causing issues for facial sensitivity either as the range is targeted at a sensitive skin type. 

In terms of packaging, it comes in a dark green glass tub, which I thinks looks quite nice. Probably not the most travel-friendly packaging on the market, however, I do not think it is overly bulky or heavy either. I like the Origins packaging in general, as it tends to be quite simple and chic. 

Overall, I have found that the Mega-Mushroom cream has kept my skin moisturised and I haven't had any issues with dry patches. In terms of redness reduction, I haven't noticed a monumental improvement in my facial redness. Saying that, the redness certainly hasn't gotten any worse and I can see some positive changes.  

The cream is pricey, coming in at slightly at €50-60 mark for 50ml. However, I do think that the one pot will last me at least several months. I have already been using it for several weeks and I still have plenty of product left. Overall, I do recommend the Mega-Mushroom face cream. I bought mine from House of Fraser, which is linked here

Do you have any face moisturiser recommendations? Have you tried the Mega-Mushroom face cream? 

No comments:

Post a Comment