Saturday 9 February 2013

Nars Lipgloss


Admittedly I am not a huge lipgloss person, I don't often bother wearing them. However, on the occasion that I do, my favourite lipglosses are from Nars. The biggest plus about these glosses is that they aren't sticky. I tend to wear my hair down a lot and absolutely hate getting my hair stuck in lip gloss, which isn't a problem with these. They have a really pretty colour range and the three I have are  called Turkish Delight, Orgasm and Ophelia. I also quite like the packaging of the lipglosses which is just really simple and sleek. The glosses come with a doe foot wand applicator, which I prefer over brush applicators. My main issue with these glosses is the smell. They have quite a potent, plastic smell, which I really dislike. However, if you can get past the smell, they are a really good range of lipglosses. I bought mine from ASOS (link here) and they cost around €24. 

Turkish Delight, Orgasm, Ophelia
Turkish Delight
First up is the shade Turkish Delight, which is described as a pink sherbet. I had heard some good reviews about this shade and decided to try it out. It's quite a milky, light pink which is noticeable on the lips. I have quite pale skin so I like light pinks on my lips on occasion, though I would recommend swatching the shade in person if you have a darker skintone to ensure it suits. 

Orgasm
Next is the infamous Nars shade Orgasm, which is also available in other products (Orgasm blush reviewed here). Orgasm is described as peachy pink with shimmer, which I think is pretty accurate. The golden shimmer is noticeable on the lips, though I don't particularly mind this. I think this is a great pick for summer as it would look great with a tan. 

Ophelia
Lastly, I have Ophelia, which is described as a strawberry nectar. I will admit I was drawn in part to this shade because of the name as I was studying Shakespeare's Hamlet at the time. Out of the shades I have Ophelia is probably my favourite as it's a pretty natural colour. It is a little bit sheerer than the other two shades as you can from the photo of the swatches above. 

Have you tried any Nars lipglosses or do you have any lipgloss recommendations? 

2 comments:

  1. Ophelia looks gorgeous! I've never tried their lipglosses, I do love their lipsticks though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ophelia is such a pretty colour. I've only tried two of their lipsticks. I definitely must look into more of them.
      Niamh x

      Delete