Wednesday 13 February 2013

Face Primers

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base,
 Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
I am a pretty big fan of primers and rarely skip them in my daily routine. I have something of a 'primer wardrobe', choosing various ones depending on my particular skin needs that day. Today I thought I would talk about my three most used primers. 

First up is the Clinique Redness Solution Daily Protective Base. I won't dwell on this one too much as I already have a post up about it (post here). I have quite a lot of facial redness and tend to apply this pretty much everyday to try and combat the redness. The fact that it has SPF 15 is an added bonus. The Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base is available here.

Next is the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. While I just have the standard, original primer, there are several variations of this primer, including oil-free and radiance boosting versions. This has a silky texture and makes foundation application smooth and flawless. At the moment, I am using the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and really like the combination. You only need a tiny amount of this primer so one bottle will last a good while. The Foundation Primer is available here.

Finally, I have the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which is often raved about in the beauty world. I don't use this as often as the other two mentioned above, however, I turn to this when I feel my face needs to be brightened up. It gives the skin a beautiful healthy glow, which is particularly nice in winter when skin tends to be a bit drier, I have also heard positive things about this being used on more mature skins. Beauty Flash Balm is available here.

Do you have any favourite primers?

1 comment:

  1. I use the Laura Mercier primer but I really dont like the smell of it. May have to try the other two! xx

    ReplyDelete