Tuesday 5 February 2013

Eye Liner Alternatives


My everyday makeup tends to be done in a hurry, which means gel or liquid eyeliner is simply  too time consuming. However, I don't have the thickest pair of lashes and I find I need to had some sort of definition to my lashline, which is where this post comes in.  

I thought I would do a quick post about my favourite eyeshadows for adding some definition to the lashline. What I love about using a dark eyeshadow rather than conventional eye liner is that is super quick and fussfree. As the colour isn't as opaque as eye liner, you don't have to worry about being neat. If you make a mistake, you can easily blend the shadow out. 

Moving on to the actual eyeshadows I particularly like to use, I'll start with a simple matte black. My one is Carbon from MAC and I bought mine in the pot form to make it easy for travel. Obviously you don't need a black eyeshadow from MAC, any will do and I think it's such a capsule eyeshadow shade. Next is Brun, also from MAC, which is described as a muted blackish-brown. It's a little bit more subtle than Carbon, which makes it a nice choice if I'm not wearing a lot of eye makeup but still want to define my lashline. Finally, we have the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura. I like to use the dark brown shade on the right-hand side of the palette for liner. It looks lighter in the pan than it applies and I find it is somewhere between Brun and Carbon. It has a little bit of shimmer in it as well which I think adds a nice effect. 

MAC 266 Brush
I thought I would also mention my brush of choice for applying the eyeshadow as liner, the MAC 266. I also use this for gel eye liner when I have more time on my hands and have heard good things about using this for brows. The 266 is a small angled brush with natural bristles and I find it does a really good job, making eyeshadow placement quick and easy. 

Carbon and Brun are available to purchase here, Cordura here and the 266 brush here.

No comments:

Post a Comment