Friday 12 April 2013

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

"This lightweight primer creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder colour looking brilliant, fresh and just-applied all day. No smudging, no creasing, no caking, no looking back. Ophthalmologist tested. Dermatologist tested."

Despite loving the Too Faced Shadow Insurance (post here), I recently decided to try the NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I have enjoyed everything I have tried from NARS and after hearing good reviews about this, I decided it was worth a shot. I picked mine up from House of Fraser (link here). 

The primer is whitish in colour, though it blends out easily and isn't noticeable. It has a bit of a thicker texture than the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion. In terms of staying power, I have been really happy with its performance, helping eyeshadow stay creasefree and vibrant for hours. I tend to pair it with a Paintpot (post here) to increase longevity.

The one negative I have with the primer is the packaging. It has a doe-foot applicator and I prefer a tube that you squeeze the product out of. I feel its more hygienic and means you can use up every last bit of product here, which could be a problem here. Saying that the packaging isn't awful and it wouldn't put me off the product. 

So far I have been really enjoying the NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and would recommend it if you are looking for a good eyeshadow primer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment