Monday 22 April 2013

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil 
A while ago, I posted about the L'Occitane Delightful Almond Gift Set (post here) and decided it was about time I did a follow-up post on the Almond Shower Oil. If you would like follow-up posts on the rest of the set, let me know. 

As I mentioned in the original post, the shower oil was the primary reason that I picked up the set as I had great things about it and was desperate to try it out for myself. I have been using the shower oil for about two months and I have to say it definitely lives up to the hype it receives in the beauty community. 

The Almond Shower Oil creates a light lathering foam when mixed with water and washes away easily. I have found exfoliating gloves the best thing to use with it (such as these), as the oil is not nearly as effective when used with a regular shower poof. Using gloves also helps reduce product wastage, which is important as the shower oil is not the cheapest. 

I have quite dry skin and find that the shower oil helps add some moisture back into my skin without feeling greasy or too heavy. I tend to still apply body lotion afterwards but if your skin isn't as dry as mine, you could probably get away with just using the shower oil. The shower oil also works fantastically as a shaving cream. 

Finally the scent of the shower oil is divine. It has a flowery, almond scent that is subtle and feminine. The scent lingers on the skin, but is not overpowering and won't interfere with your perfume. 

Overall I recommend the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil and will definitely repurchase when I run out (which won't be for a while as a little goes a long way). The Almond Shower Oil is quite pricey at about €22 for 250ml (available here), however, I have no regrets about buying it. 

Have you tried the Almond Shower Oil? Do you think it was worth the money? 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used this but am a big fan of L'Occitane in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used that many things from L'Occitane before, however, I will definitely be trying some more of their products in the future.
      Niamh.

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this oil, defo gonna try next!
    Nice blog, following you know, please follow back if you like my blog too :)
    xxx Marina
    beautiful me plus you by Marina Bergmann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great blog. I follow you :)
    Would you like to follow my blog?
    www.guzelvekulturlu.com/

    ReplyDelete