Sunday 31 March 2013

MAC Blot Powder


MAC Blot Powder in Medium 

While I don't have oily skin, my skin can get a little bit shiny over the course of the day. Also I find using a good powder over my makeup helps ensure it lasts as long as possible. Enter the MAC Blot Powder.

This is actually my second Blot Powder as I lost my first one on a night out. I have the shade Medium, which as you can see in the photo, is not too dark or orange. The powder itself is fined milled and doesn't look cakey on the skin, which can be an issue for dry skins. I tend to use the powder poof which accompanies it, simply pressing the powder to the areas I need to set my makeup. It really helps my makeup last all day, which is something I can struggle with. The Blot Powder doesn't leave a really matte a finish either, getting rid of excess shine but still allowing skin to look natural.


While the packaging is not particularly luxurious, I still like it. Its pretty simple, not overly bulky and sturdy, which is a plus as I tend to have this in my handbag everyday and don't have to worry about it smashing. It also comes with a decent mirror, which is great for on-the-go touchups. 

Overall I am pretty happy with the Blot Powder. Its perfect for touchups and keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. Blot Powder retails for around €26, not the cheapest but it does a great job and you don't need a lot of product. I got mine from House of Fraser (link here). 

Do you have any face powder recommendations? 



No comments:

Post a Comment