Friday 15 March 2013

Cold Weather Lip Saviours


Left to right: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Crem, NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm,
Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub, Clinique Chubby Stick and Clinique Chubby Stick Intense. 
It is has been freezing in Dublin this week and my lips have been suffering. In response to this cold snap, I have been reaching for my favourite cold weather lip saviours, which I thought I would share with you in this post.

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub
First up is the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub (link here). While not the most glamorous product, a good lip scrub is essential. Lush lip scrubs are made with sugar and jojoba oil and come in several different flavours. It makes removing dead skin cells and flakiness really quick and easy. A little goes a long way and you definitely get value for money. 

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm
My next lip essential is a decent lip balm. My top two picks are the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (link here) and the NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm (link here). Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is a much raved about cult beauty product and truly deserves the hype. While I primarily use it for chapped lips, it is a multi-purpose product that can be applied to soothe irritated, chapped or dry skin. It has quite a particular scent that is not especially pleasant, though if the scent bothers you, there is a non-scented version available. It is not the cheapest lip balm available at around €30, though a little goes along way and there is a reason why it is a cult classic. Another favourite lip balm of mine is the NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm, which I have previously reviewed here so I won't go into too much detail. It is cheaper than the Eight Hour Cream at about €12 and will again last forever. There is very little wrong with this little pot in my eyes and I would definitely recommend it.

Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry
Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Plushest Punch
Last but certainly not least I have the Clinique Chubby Sticks (link here and here). I love wearing colour on my lips and the Chubby Sticks offer a great way of doing so without having to worry about drying your lips out. In the above photo I just have a two of my favourite shades, Chunky Cherry and Plushest Punch, which is from the intense line. They have quickly become my favourite lip product for the daytime as they make it so easy to slick on some colour. 

So there you have some of my favourite lip saviours for cold weather. Have you tried any of the products mentioned or do you have any recommendations of products I should try? If so, I would love to hear about it in the comments below. 

1 comment:

  1. nice products*_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too<3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete